Sunday, June 26, 2011

Zoo York

Hi Cryz,

I think the title of this blog post might be a brand of clothing?

I went to the zoo yesterday, and it was great!  I have only been to one other zoo and that was in Arizona.  Have you been to your local zoo cryz?  It's horrible, well, it's horrible in he summer which is when I went and I'm the idiot for thinking that was a good idea.  What I remember from my AZ. Zoo experience, besides the heat stroke, was that most of the animals on exhibit are the native ones you probably saw on your way to the zoo. Snakes, rabbits, a couple of javelina and a tortoise.  The other more exotic animals were SO terribly hot they hid in their caves and under rocks and if I did see them they lookes simply misreable and I couldn't enjoy myself then. 


The Bronx Zoo was full of all sorts of fun furry creatures that I had never seen before, and there were all out playing in their pretend forests or jungles having a merry time of it.  But, guess what I was most excited to see.  Guess what caught my attention and made me pull out my camera.   Gila Monsters, Rattle Snakes, and little desert mice! Crystal, I saw a snow leopard but I didn't even care!  There where Zebras but I just wanted to look at the deer.  Ugh, I couldn't believe it!

Some of the habitats had different cactus and I went around with an air of conceit saying, "Oh look, its a Pickly Pear, and that is an Organ Pipe Cactus...obviously."  Just loud enough so east coasters would know how intelligent I was.

Sometimes, (don't tell anyone) I miss Arizona, I miss the sunsets, I miss all the shades of brown, I miss the stars and most of all the grocery stores.  Rafael says he misses the swimming pools.  I have always said I would never go back to Arizona and because of pride I'll probably stand by that.  But, I'll  always love it.  I'll always be most sad that I'm not there watching old Arrested Development episodes with you while I paint and you cross stitch. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Leslie n crystal! I love you both so much n you both crack me up so much!!!! Oh n les, u know u miss az n want to come home!?!? WE all want u to come home! Love your guys blog! It's pure entertainment! I can hear your voices n see your facial expressions as I'm reading! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me sad!! You were walking around reminiscing about a home that you will never return to! Tear. But, ya, you should totally be jealous, I looked out at my brown and cactusy backyard desert last night, heard a coyote howl, and a toad croak, then a roadrunner ran past. Then I looked up and saw the majesty of the Mt Graham, I may or may not have even seen a red squirrel jumping across the pine trees.

    ReplyDelete