Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Speaking of the Zoo

Crys, I had 2 random thoughts,

#1 As I sauntered around looking at the lions and tigers I thought, "what if one day my cats, get really big, and they obtain cognitive thought and they forget all the nice things I had done for them and only remember me not feeding them when they wanted me to or petting them when they wanted petting, or kicked them out of bed every night, or worst of all, stepping on their tails!!!"

  I'm really afraid of Kitty Apocalypse.

 And just in case I gave them treats and cuddled them a whole lot that night.

WHICKET

#2 As the zoo visit was coming to the end, I was tapped out on animal gazing and started people watching.  We had somehow looped back to the lions and tigers and the people were GUSHING about how great they were and beautiful and magnificent etc. etc.  I found myself thinking, "you know, my cats are just the same, only smaller, and in the animal world smaller always means more lovable." Then I started to get mad.

People are SO mean about my cats sometimes!  Aren't  they just a cute/tiny version of a giant lion or tiger?!  My cats cuddle you and ask for licks of your ice cream and I know if a lion wanted to share a treat and snuggle, people would be standing in line for their turn!  So, then I thought, when people ask me about my cats I will say.  "Actually, I own two miniature tigers." 

Doesn't that sound cool?  Don't you want to share your ice cream with them?

Kelly Clarkson
Leslie    

2 comments:

  1. Kelly Clarkson loved me the other day and I didn't know how to respond. Should I keep ignoring her and not make a big deal so she doesn't freak out? Should I reciprocate and offer her a pet?

    I was too afraid of rejection. But her one little tap on my behind was enough to make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is mean about your kitties? I will kick their butts!
    I'd be afraid for the apocolypse as well. I hope we never find half of you and Rhett, dead in your upscale NY apartment, with 2 very satisfied miniature tigers!!

    ReplyDelete