Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Glamour of Giving Blood

hi Cryzzl,

I gave blood.  They lured me in with a free movie ticket, It was a golden, can you imagine saying no to a golden ticket?  That would be like  Charlie saying no...to..a, well, golden ticket!



I always feel so boring filling out those questionnaires at the beginning, I say no the whole way down.

Did you get a tattoo in the last three months?  NO

Did you travel to Europe in the last six months? NO

Did you meet a guy in a low brow bar and make out with him? NO

Did you have sex with someone at a dirty bathhouse in the last 3 months?  NO

no, no, no..., sigh. 

Then, this lady who is infamous for being mean to the donors was in charge of pricking my finger and taking my blood pressure.  In an effort to make this experience as painless as possible I immediately complimented her jewelry, I gushed on and on about it.  She LOVED it.  she never really smiled, but I knew she loved it.  She ended up being the one to stick me with the needle and she was as nice as a mother hen.  Rafael on the other hand got yelled at TWICE by her.

Then I went with Raf to pick up his birthday present, and ate a slice from a rather suspicious looking pizza dive and spent a couple of hours in the bathroom after.  I don't know if today was a good or bad day.

Leslie

2 comments:

  1. This just became my new favorite blog. Well...second to mine. But second. Not bad! So excited to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaagh, I just referenced "Willy Wonka," having completely forgotten aboutyour post. Holy crap, that makes me seem like a lazy blogger. But oh well, I guess I am who I am.

    ReplyDelete