Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cats and Babies

Good morning, Leslie!  I just wanted you to know that Sally and I have dropped something in the mail for you.  I remember promising you when you left Arizona for New York that I would send you letters at least once a month.  This is a promise I have not delivered on.  And that probably makes me a sucky friend.

But thank goodness Sally is an active pen-pal.  I know it's hard to gauge these things when you don't have children of your own but, yes, pen-pal-ism is an unusual trait for an 8 month-old baby.  You should feel flattered.  I know I would be ecstatic if I ever got anything from your cats.  Did I ever tell you that caring for cats is about the same thing as caring for a baby?  You get equal amounts of love, respect, and attention from both types of creatures.  Which is to say, if you're a sufficient caretaker of cats (and I know you are), you'll be an okay mom too.

Just put that in your "good to know, for some later date" pocket.

Love, Crystal and Sally

1 comment:

  1. I believe I promised something like this as well, and it didn't happen. Good thing I have a baby now, maybe he'll take care of that for me!

    ReplyDelete