Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Return To Sender

Crystal!

I have never had, what you would call a good experience at the post office.  Especially now that I live in Washington Heights, the opposite of Mayberry.  The bullet proof glass I have to talk through to order stamps from a mailman is a foot deep and just getting in has it's struggles.  I took this picture as proof.

However, I just had the best time!  I went in, there was no line and the guy helping me was so nice!  AND one of the other workers leaned over and said "Hey, do you watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch? You look and sound just like her!  Has anyone told you that?"

Me: "No, but thank you."

Post Woman: "You do!" turning to a woman at her window, "Doesn't she?  look like Sabrina!"

By the end of it the entire post office was chiming in on who I looked like and sounded like.  I beg for this kind of attention all the time and the mailroom was just delivering it to me.  (get it, deliver.)

Anyway, here I am!


Hmmm...,I don't know, we do both have giant eyes.

Did I ever tell you who my Grandmother Lucille told me I looked like? Yeah, not Bill Clinton.... even at 13 I knew that Grandmothers shouldn't compare you to a woman famous for her sex life.

4 comments:

  1. Kelly looks more like Monica L. than you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica was my nickname in high school... I'm sure it was my hair... but I've always felt the same way you do Les, about the comparison! But I have to say, I do see what the mail man was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LESLIE!! I have had people tell ME that I look like Sabrina as well!?!? How can two sisters, that look so very different, have the same look alike? I will happily say (but sad for you) that I've never been told I look like Monica. But, well, your source may have been a bit, or completely, nutty.

    ReplyDelete