Thursday, June 16, 2011

Or Maybe a Late-Blooming Emo Kid?

Lesl,

I'm afraid I'm a hipster.  I just, I just might be.  Without ever having realized it.  Here are the reasons I think yes.  First, I love shopping at Urban Outfitters.  Second, I love living on Mill Avenue.  Third, I have thick black horn-rimmed reading glasses.  And finally, I love movies like "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "I Heart Huckabees." I'm super excited about this new show, "Wilfred."  Have you seen commercials?

But then, here are the reasons I might not be a hipster. OK, it's true that I love Urban Outfitters, but I always zoom straight past the size 2 clothes and go straight to the woodland creatures-adorned housewares.  Next, I've always hated kickball, and I would certainly never want to play it as an adult.  And then, instead of riding a skateboard, I'm usually pushing a stroller.  Oh, and I don't wear low-slung, tighty jeans.  Maybe mostly because they wouldn't fit.

So where does that leave me?  Somewhere between "Donnie Darko" and Anne Taylor Loft.  I guess that makes me...  Bridget Jones?


 Hugs and Kisses,  Crystal Jones

3 comments:

  1. This is HILARIOUS! because I know I am a hipster, I just ordered new glasses from this place called Warby Parker, check it out! You are going to love the hipter frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm really going to enjoy this! Thanks guys, for sharing such a personal part of your lives in order to touch those around you.

    Okay, and I'm so excited to see Wilfred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q: How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    A: It’s such a cool number, you’ve probably never heard of it.

    I think a non-hipster, hipster, is hotter.

    ReplyDelete