Monday, June 13, 2011

Clearing The Air and My Closet

Hi Crystal,

I think having a cluttered closet is a metaphor for a cluttered soul... I actually don't, I think a closet is a closet and a soul is a soul, but I do need to clean out both and it sounded pretty dang poetic.

The closet right now is full of old shoes, probably over a dozen, and while that might not be a lot to someone like Imelda Marcos it is a lot to my husband Raphael. So, every time I want a new pair he can't understand why.
(I made this picture super ugly and boring so you can't tell me you like my shoes)

But all my shoes are old and dumb and I can't ware most of them because they aren't shoes I can walk around the City in. so, I can either throw them away or go through them and put them in a bag and haul them over to the local church building where there is a clothing exchange on Friday night. Obviously, donating them is the philanthropic and socially responsible thing to do but simply tossing them is the easiest.

It's an eternal struggle, ugh, I hope I do the right thing, I'll think about it at least.

1 comment:

  1. I always feel like when my life is out of order, most of my bills are behind and my house is a mess. I have always used it as a metaphor, so I think the closet metaphor is completely true!
    There's no way I would be able or willing to haul all of those shoes on subways, and through crowds just to donate them (should I be admitting this?). I think the best thing you could do, is to just toss them out your window, or set them nicely on the side of the road, and some poor homeless New Yorker will pick them up! Just imagine, you're on your way to work, and there you see an old lady, pushing her shopping cart, wearing your super sassy pink high heels! It would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete