Monday, June 13, 2011

Little Green Confessions

Hey Leslie,

Something's weighing on my soul.  Remember a few months ago when I asked you the best way to prepare Brussels sprouts?  You were so kind to share your method with me.  You told me to broil them in the oven.  And Leslie, I intended to do that.  I wanted to honor you with imitation.  But that's not what happened.  I feel I've been misleading you this whole time, and I can no longer live with the fact that you think we're eating them the same way.   

Because, Leslie, I've been pan frying mine.  With bacon.  That's right, Brussels and bacon.   I'm sure your method of broiling them is delicious, but I can't quit making them my way long enough to find out.  All those text messages, all those conversations about how much we both love Brussels sprouts.  They were real, and sincere.  I do love those baby green cabbages.  I love to hear them sizzle and singe.  I love when they start getting soft.  I love with the loose leaves turn black with char.  And I love the way they taste with crispy hambone.

Maybe if you can forgive me for this deception, you will find it in your heart to try Brussels sprouts my way.  In the meantime, please feast your eyes on this: my lunch today.


Still super plus best friends forever?  -Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys! I love this! I want a new post EVERY DAY!! And, I understand not broiling the brussel sprouts, sorry Leslie, I have a love for bacon that is hard to let go. You both beat me, I wouldn't know the first thing about making brussel sprouts! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete