Monday, July 18, 2011

Skeletons In My Play List

Last week I was on the train and I saw a guy I kind sorta knew.  This was our conversation.
    
     Leslie: Hi!

     Cool Guy: Oh, Hi!

     Leslie and Guy: share in semi-uncomfortable strained chit chat, both calculating the number of stops still on the commute home. 

    Cool Guy: You don't have to stop listening to your music, cause I'm here.

     Leslie: Oh thanks, I'll just get back to Taylor Swift!

Cryz! I have cooler music thanSwifty. I only have ONE of her songs.  Just one!  I hardly even listen to it.  I could have said all sorts of other bands and singers I even have ready impress people.

For example, Bloc Party to impress general rockers, Tom Petty to impress people like my dad., Tegan and Sara to impress my indie fans and my sister, The Format to impress you.  etc. etc.... I have it all laid out.  I have it ready.  But the moment I really needed it I blurt "Taylor Swift."

Other bands/singers I keep hidden, Miley Cyrus, Secondhand Serenade, and my favorite secret singer DEMI LOVATO!!!!  You are going to hate the fact that I attached her new video, but, just remember how I am REALLY vulnerable right now sharing all my music secrets with you.  I just need love!  And for you to lie and say you like this song.  Oh and that I'm not the only one with skeletons in my play list.

8 comments:

  1. "Oh wow. I love this song. I love Demi L. She is my favorite."

    Convincing speech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GHAH HA HA HAHA HAAA!!! You are SO SUPER PLUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leslie!! How embarrasing to announce to cool guy that you were listening to one of your skeletons! I appreciate the indie rock name drop, but I will admit, I too have a few skeletons. I have one Beyonce song that I love, just one, I won't mention the name of it out of pure shame. Also, I will admit, I'm a sucker for dashboard confessional's sappy wappy wah wah tunes. Although, they might be an indie skeleton, do mainstream hip hoppers know about dashboard? I'm such a hispter....hee hee. Not really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay Leslie. I love Demi too. I love Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah but Gail, is that what you would tell someone if you were trying to look cool? Unless, of course, the person you were trying to look cool to was Leslie herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what? One time, my trendy 10-years-younger-than-me sister in law was in my car and she opened my CD collection and I was like, "Wait! Aaggh, let's just listen to the radio." But she just kept flipping through and asking me questions like, "Who's Deana Carter? Who's Kenny Loggins?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Who's Harry Connick Jr, and why is he singing the songs from 'Mary Poppins'?" Couldn't explain that mistake away.

    Hearts, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I love Taylor, why be ashamed of her?

    ReplyDelete