Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Not Quite a Dirty Word

Hey Les,


Did you hear about this?  Phoenix was hit with an insane dust storm last night!  This type of storm only occurs in the Sahara Desert, some parts of the Middle East, and  --  Arizona.  I didn't know the storm was going on, and had to walk to my car in the middle of it.  I had dust in my eyes, nose, and teeth (among other places.)  This morning I found grit in poor Sally's bed.  I could have planted a garden in the dirt on our kitchen counters today.  It was crazy; I'd never seen anything like it before.

But, honestly?  The main reason I'm bringing this up...  This type of storm is called a "haboob."  Funny, right?  Haboob.

Love from your wind-swept friend, Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Man, I wasn't even home to experience this! I didn't necessarily want to experience it, but it was pretty big news. We even heard about it while we were camping two hours away.

    ReplyDelete