Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A/C B.S.

Leslie -

Something happened tonight and I may or may not have overreacted.  Baker hired this air conditioning expert.  You know our house is old-old-old, so Bakes thought it would be wise to get that ever-important appliance checked out.  The good news is, everything's working fine with our a/c.  The bad news is, I loathed the expert-dude.  Now maybe I was in a bad mood, or maybe he was using cheap salesman tricks, but everything he said and did struck me wrong.

What I heard:  If you give your daughter water from a plastic bottle, she's going to grow gills and a third nipple.

What Dude probably, actually said:  In addition to air systems, we sell and install reverse osmosis systems, if you are interested in bottle-free water products.

I heard:  America's lame, let's all move to Canada.

Dude probably said:  Don't take my word for it, but feel free to research non-government studies.

I heard:  Your house is a big pile of junk.  The three little pigs could build better houses than this.

Dude probably said:  Houses built in the '50s often lack modern-standard insulation.

As Dude left our house, he nodded to me and said, "I'll be back to rob your house in a few weeks."  (Or maybe, "Nice to meet you, ma'am."  Whichever.)  I gave him a dirty look and a "Hmpfh."  This Dude - what a jerk, right?

Always sunny, Crystal

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!! I HATE A/C dude! He had absolutely no right to treat you and your family that way! If I were you, I'd be giving his manager a call and make sure that guy get's canned!! THE NERVE!!

    ReplyDelete