Saturday, July 2, 2011

Messy Me

Hey Leslie,

Earlier today, I was planning on writing you and telling you about the extra-clumsy thing I did today.  Have you ever had a cardboard paper cut?  It's pretty much the dumbest accident you can have, and I did it in a big way, trying to open a toothpaste box.  But I don't want to write about that any more, as this evening I have had several more (worse) accidents.  Including spilling maple syrup and scrambled eggs all over the kitchen floor, and dropping and then stepping on a pancake.

But all this, it's just indicative of who I am.  I'm the girl who falls in a hole while cars are waiting for her at the crosswalk.  I'm the girl who breaks her elbow while roller skating, and dislocates her knee while ice skating.  I'm the girl whose skirt falls off at work.

And then, I guess there are lots of worse things I could be, than clumsy.  Like a dog hater, or a grumpy old man who yells at little kids for scaring the park pigeons, or one of those people who doesn't like to have their picture taken.  I guess I'd rather lose my skirt and step on a few pancakes, than be the girl who mispronounces "forward."


Come on Ashley, it's FORward, not FO-ward

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, everyone in NY says FO-ward. No R. Is she from NY? Can I tell you a secret? I say FO-ward when I want to pretend I'm from NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie, I looked her up and she's not from NY but she is from the east coast. Maine. Good call. I guess I shouldn't criticize her for having an east coast accent. (Except, she also says per-FACT instead of "perfect" and that also really bugs me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't stand it when people can't talk right (no offense Abbie). You're right cryz, it's way better to be the clumsy mess, than the unknowing illiterate. At least people can laugh in your face, and you know why.

    ReplyDelete