Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Martha Schmarfa

Late last night, right when I was ready to go to bed Rafael decided he wanted to rearrange our entire living room.  I was livid!  All I could think about was all the work that would be required because Raf wanted the couch moved from one side of the room to another.  I threw a giant baby fit but it didn't sway him one bit and after all the drama I was suddenly inspired by the late night decorating fairies and started staging my now favorite spot in the living room.    


I don't know if this is how these shelves will stay but it is filled with all of my favorite items  and I wanted to tell you about a few of them, so pretend you are in my living room and are obligated to gush over everything I show you! 


See that little cat with the yellow sweater?  He is made out of cut silk, I found him at Union Square Park and happily paid $15 for him.  Next to kitty is this stained glass something....I don't know what it is.  Maybe you could tell me?  I found it at a church yard sale on 181.  It's all fun stained glass and was only $10.


These shelves are still a little bare , my fruit is from Urban Outfitter I don't remember the cost.  The HOLA! painting I did with oil pastels.  I plan on making a big one as soon as I get a canvas and paint and hanging it above the TV.  Maybe you want the little one?  The ukulele is one of my newer hobbies.  I can play a few songs including a couple of Demi Lavato ballads, I know how much you love D.L.  


See that genie bottle?  It was my grandmother's who acquired it from her mother.  This bottle by far has the most meaning to me.  When I was little I would pretend a real genie lived inside and wanted to grant me all my wishes. As long as I can remember a gum wrapper has been rolling around in the bottom of it, stuck for all eternity and it drove me crazy!  It's still there and my now super smart grown up brain is pretty sure I could be easily removed with a clothes hanger.  But now I love that gum wrapper and maybe years later my grandchildren will play with the bottle and the gum wrapper will drive them crazy and wont that be fun for me!  

Fishing for compliments,

Leslie

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I love it! The kitty is killing me and I can't wait to see the giant painting when you do it. It will look so awesome in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesl. You KNOW I want "Hola"! Remember how I already begged you for it?

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitters! I was channeling you the entire time I was decorating! I love how much I have learned from you!

    Cryz-it, it's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stained glass thingy and my grandma had one of those genie bottles too. I am super jealous of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lEsLiE!! I love your shelf! I wish I had cool items to put on my bare shelf. I too remember that genie bottle, and I remember going to grandma's house and seeing that gum wrapper in there! I'm glad you kept it, it's just part of that genie bottles charm! I'm super jealous you got it, by the way, but for some reason I'm sure you're glad of my jealousy!

    PS That stained glass thingy, looks like it maybe used to be a lamp post topper, and you've got it upside down.

    ReplyDelete