Thursday, October 27, 2011

melancholy


I'm not the only person that blog stalks and then feel terrible about myself right?  Is this an old conversation that has been discussed for so long that I don't hear about it anymore?  Or has everyone in the blogging world stepped up their life to the high expectations of perfection in love, family, and adventure? 

Its not just blogs or even facebook, its the whole Europian American time frame fixation of doing.  We must always be doing something, it's expected of each of us.  When we see someone we ask "What have you been up to?" or "How are you doing?"

In my mind, chunks of time go by in weekly intervals.  Every week I make sure I have some sort of doing prepared.  A tidbit of activity that I can offer up to the masses that want to compare and contrast my activities vs. his or hers.  

Did you know, In the Chinese culture time is looked at differently, while I look at a weekly calender a person in China is looking at the Year of The Rabbit.  Long term accomplishments are valued and there is no pressure to fill a day with a million things because a day is just a day and the larger goal of a well spent year is more important.


Probably moving to China,

Leslie
 

4 comments:

  1. I love this. Just this morning I bought plane tickets to china so that wonderful. Cheers to the rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't move to China! You're already too far away. It is difficult for me to relate to this post without sounding like a gigantic socia-phobe. Is that a word? But, just so you know, I feel the same.....if not worse! Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's that city life over there.. nothing is going on over here:)....Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS! I never feel like I'm doing enough, and yet, I don't always want to be doing things. And then I feel guilty for not doing things that I don't even want to do! PSYCH-O!

    But, if I'm going to be doing something, I like doing something with you... :)

    ReplyDelete