Saturday, September 17, 2011

37th and 5th

Cross Streets in NYC or the Twilight Zone?

I spend a good amount of time on 37th and 5th and at times it is a really nice place to be.  like last week, weather was beautiful and as I stood on the corner waiting for the light to change in my favor.  Two men on their two bikes come peddling up and were screaming at each other insults and cursing at each other...again, while peddling bikes, something little girls do.  They looked so dumb and I enjoyed all of it.

For the last two weekends when I walk down 5th to go back to the train people have been been REALLY emotional about me using my phone.  One man standing in a doorway in his pajamas sneered at me while I was checking my voice mail and called out "You and your cell phone."

 I was hurt but I got over it.  Then the next week I had just pulled out my phone to check it and a man while walking past me starts mumbling "texting (swear words) she's texting (MORE swear words)" and  I looked up as he passed and I said back to him, "I wasn't texting!!!"  (but I actually was...don't tell him.)

Lastly, the man who runs the food cart on 37th and 5th recently confessed his everlasting love for me.  His name in Mohammad and I think we could be happy together,  I do love hot dogs....and he told me he would be there for me if anything happened to Rafael.

I've seen wizards and a tin man, I've seen models and actors...I can't wait to go back.

Leslie

1 comment:

  1. No wonder I haven't received as many texts from you, as of late! You didn't want to offend those fine citizens of New York! You are so thoughtful! Even though you may never run away with Mohammad, it sure is nice to have a back up plan!

    ReplyDelete